I realize these don't look the most appetizing, but I promise they are so good! Keep reading to find out how to make them :))
Put all of the ingredients in a food processor and blend it up. You'll have to stop it and stir it around often to prevent the blender from over-heating. I also added a little bit of water to help it run more smoothly.
I didn't measure my ingredients, I just threw handfuls of walnuts and dates, a couple spoonfuls of cocoa powder and one spoonful of peanut butter. Once the mixture is smooth, roll into balls and enjoy!
Fill blender with frozen strawberries, one banana (preferably frozen) and almond milk. It's not pictured but I added honey after to add some sweetness. I'd also recommend putting in coconut cream, but I don't have any at the moment. It still turned out, coconut cream would just make it smoother. Then, blend! If there's an ice cream setting on your blender, then use that. If not, that's ok, just blend like you normally would! Just be careful not to over-heat your blender. It's subtly sweet, but tasty. And healthy! :) Just a quick Thursday morning post, hope you enjoyed.
It's been one of those weeks... I find myself constantly sleepy and my legs feel likd dead weight as I trudge through life. Buuuuuuut, there really is so much to be happy about, so here's a quick list of things that make life awesome.
1. My cats: they love me no matter what; and all they expect from me is food and love.
2. Music: it has the power to turn me into an emotional mess. If you haven't already you need to listen to Lana Del Rey's cover of "Once Upon a Dream" for the upcoming movie, Malificient. What are you waiting for, go listen to it now!
3.Laughter: laughter is a very strange thing...the fact that something funny triggers it is hilarious. Each person's laugh is unique and I love that, it's fantastic.
4. Inspirational people: People are great, especially lovely, kind, inspiring people. I have to remind myself that I'm constantly surrounded by people like this and that I'm incredibly lucky to have them in my life.
5. Peanut butter: can we all just take a moment to appreciate peanut butter?! (The natural kind, of course!)
6. Flannel Pj's: so comfy, so cozy<3
7. Water: I have clean, cold water and if I want to then I can boil it to make tea. Why do I take this for granted? I really shouldn't. Water is so important.
8. My body: It's all there and it functions. What it looks like is irrevelant, what it can do is. I can run, jump, swim, dance, and do whatever I want without pain. And that's what matters.
9. Trees: I love weeping willow trees, they're so mystical and gorgeous. Very random, but I think they're beautiful.
10. Opportunities: they pass by all of the time, sometimes unnoticed. But the fact that they're even there is such a blessing. Anything can be accomplished; the opportunity is there. What's missing is the drive and courage to seize it.
Well that was just a list of 10 off the top of my head, of course there are a thousand more. Comment below what you think makes life beautiful. No matter how big or small they may be :) Don't just trudge miserably through life, because if you don't open your eyes you may miss the little joys that make it awesome.
Right when you wake up today, hold a plank for as long as you can. Try to go for 1 or 2 minutes if you're feeling good. And of course, do the same thing this evening. This is only 2-4 minutes out of your day, so I hope you participate! Check in every Monday for a different "Mini-Challenge". It'll be one exercise to complete that day, and it would be AWESOME if you did the exercise everyday until the next challenge! These will always be equipment-free, simple work out moves. Especially if you don't already workout, definitely do these, it'll help you ease into it so you don't overwork yourself then end up hating fitness. Fitness shouldn't be a chore! Hope your Monday is fabulous the day's only bad if you decide it is :)
1. Moccasins: These are actually my sister's, but lately I've been living in them; they're super comfy and quick to throw on! We can all probably agree that I haven't been making fashion a priority lately; my usual outfit consists of leggings, an oversized sweater, my hair tossed into a bun and these slipper shoes on my feet. They don't have great support, if any, so I should be wary of that, but lately I've been loving them.
2. Lulu headbands: I've always been in love with these. From school to volleyball to dance to running to work... Chances are I'm probably wearing one if my hair's up, which is 80% of the time. I've been really liking this pink one this month, I love the brightness and it keeps my too long bangs off my face and out of my way!
3. Gingerbread tea: This stuff rocks. I received it from my aunt for Christmas, and my sister and I went through the whole box in less than a month. Usually I'm more a fan of plain-tasting tea, but I adore this so much. It's cozy in a mug, mmm. I wouldn't really say it tastes like gingerbread, but it sure tastes delicious.
4. Lulu Wunder Unders: I don't mean to put lululemon on here twice...but no joke I've been wearing these at least 4 times/week...that should say something about how much I love them. I can't resist comfy clothing, especially because they're so versatile.
5. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children: I haven't finished reading this book yet (by Ransom Riggs) but so far I'm addicted. Definitely get your hands on it if you can! This is his first novel as well, which amazes me that much more. Check it out, even if you don't usually like reading :) You won't regret it!
6. Just Dance 2014: My family has so much fun with this Wii game. My favourite dance on it is the Aladdin one...hehe. It's a fun way to get moving, especially if you love dancing!
7. Frozen Pineapple! Soooo good! If you pack it for lunch, it'll be perfectly thawed by the time lunchtime rolls around. You can also throw it in a smoothie :)!
8. Vanilla Snowflake room spray, by Bath and Body Works: this makes my room smell so good! It floats throughout the rest of my house, spreading the yummy-ness. One spray is more than enough, don't go overboard with these things!
9. Harry Potter Clue: an awesome spin off the classic game Clue, I played it with my mom and sister all the time during winter break. Whenever we have nothing to do at home, we go crazy with it and we have so much fun.
10. Teachers: lately, I've received a ton of support from my teachers at school. I'm so grateful; they're always there for me and the rest of their students, and always rooting for us. It makes me really happy that there's such a loving, supportive environment to learn and grow in. They care about us and do so much for us, sometimes we fail to recognize and appreciate that. Go teachers!
11. Blendtec blender: I'm addicted to making smoothies! This not only does that, but it can also be used to make dressings, soup puree, cashew cream, and more. It's amazing, and I can't wait to try out more recipes on it.
12. Small Quantities of or No Makeup: I've probably only worn eye makeup four times this month, and when I did I actually got annoyed by it for smudging. It's been refreshing and quite the time-saver in the morning. Everything that you put on your skin gets absorbed, and some cosmetics contain nasty chemicals and parabens. Not to say that makeup is bad, I think it's a great way to enhance one's features and boost self-confidence. But I've actually been enjoying life without makeup, it's nice.
So that concludes my favourites for this month! It's a little bit early, but it's near enough to February. Also, if you actually read all the way to here so far, please leave any requests in the comments if you'd like, and I'd be happy to give them a shot!
I hope the rest of your Friday is fantastic :)
This year so far, I find myself constantly having things to get done, and my life has turned into this giant to-do list. I'm easily stressed out, but in these times I have to remind myself that "today is beautiful." In fact, everyday is beautiful. It's beautiful because you have the power to make it an adventure, something worth living; where every little aspect is treated as a gift, a privilege, and a joy. Even the negative experiences that keep wriggling their way into our lives can have the power to help us, if we treat them as challenges rather than curses. And how do we do that? We look at them as adventures! For example, something that has been manifesting my thoughts is my volleyball refereeing practical on the weekend. It might not seem like such a big deal, but to me it is. I'm not going to lie, I'm completely terrified. This is something I've never done before, and the possibility of failure freaks me out. But if I don't do it now, then when will I? The fact that I even have such an opportunity is a blessing, so why am I letting the fear of failure deter me from success? The butterflies in my stomach should be of excitement, but rather, they've formed out of nervousness. But really, it'll just be a big adventure. I'll be refereeing a volleyball game! I will be calm and confident, and I'll actually enjoy it. Adventures are fun, and since it'll be an adventure, it'll be fun as well. If you change your mindset, failure doesn't seem quite so scary. If I do fail, I'll be okay. I can pick myself up and try again. Life goes on, and if I want to reach my goals then I have to be willing to take risks. Risks are adventures, and adventures are life. My whole life is, and will be, an adventure. Failure just happens to be part of it. I encourage you to take a moment and think: are you living an adventure? If not, why aren't you? Moments pass, days go on, and wonderful adventures go untravelled. The simplest moments can be adventures: buying groceries and picking up a new food, trying a new recipe, cleaning your room and challenging yourself to keep it that way for a week; the possibilities are endless. This was raw writing, but it released some of the negativity I've been feeling, and it's opened my eyes on my attitude towards my life currently. Enjoy each moment and appreciate everything life has to offer you. Health is more than just your eating and exercise habits, it's your mental health as well. You are all deserving of a life filled with adventures, you just have to let them happen. Release the fear, let go, and jump right into this beautiful thing we call life.
Have a wonderful night and a beautiful Friday tomorrow, I hope it's a lovely adventure.
Happy Monday :) I have a quick "challenge" for you, but it's actually really simple! When you're brushing your teeth this morning, do 50 squats. Repeat this when you brush your teeth tonight. And there you go, you just snuck 100 squats without putting any time away for it. Just remember to have proper form: sit back as if you're sitting in a chair, engage those buns of steel and don't let your knees go past your toes. I hope you do this mini-challenge today! :) I hope to have a one up every Monday, so keep an eye out if you liked this post.Today is beautiful if you make it :) Let's make it a wonderful day!
Good morning! :) Today I have a recipe for Shameless Vegan Chocolate Mousse. It's quick, simple, healthy, and delicious! If you're craving chocolate but want to stick to good-for-you ingredients, then this recipe is perfect for you. Creds to my sister Airlie for making this for me awhile back, I tried to re-create it today! My recipe is probably not the best one out there, but these are the measurements I used when making this.
Ingredients: (makes 1 serving)
Now, to make it! Simply cut up your ingredients, throw them in a food processor, and wait for it to be all mixed up! The result is heaven in a bowl, and the natural ingredients won't make you feel like you're in a food coma. Hope you try it out! :)
If you're reluctant to take a chance on your smoothie, here's the one I threw together this morning! It tasted delicious so I thought I'd share. (No vegetables either, if you're not too keen on that). Here's the recipe:
Presh Pineapple Smoothie
Then blend it together and enjoy the heavenly taste! Make sure when you're making your smoothie to put enough liquids in, if not the blender might over-heat from working too hard! If you suspect it might, just stop it, stir it around, add some liquid, and blend, blend, blend! It should be fine after that, and if you feel like it needs a little something more, you always add that in after as well.
Hope you all have a lovely day, let me know if you try this out :)
Smoothies are a great way to get nutrients from vegetables or fruit that you might not like the taste of whole. Whenever I make smoothies, I rarely follow a recipe; rather, I throw in what I can find in my fridge and go with the flow. If something doesn't taste sweet enough, I find that adding an orange usually fixes it! However, smoothies need two basic components to blend properly: solids and liquids, with some other optional ingredients. When you blend your smoothie, make sure to put the liquids in first, the solids next, and then the frozen solids on top. You can always add more ingredients after as well!
My Guide to a Perfect Smoothie:
Choose a Liquid:
A typical smoothie I would make would have: coconut water, bananas, oranges, kale or lettuce, frozen fruit and chia seeds. Another smoothie I like to make is a chocolate banana green smoothie: almond or coconut milk, two bananas, celery, cucumber, kale, romaine, and cocoa powder! This is a really sneaky way of getting in your greens because it just tastes like chocolate banana!
Once you start making smoothies, you'll be addicted! It's super fun, especially if you make it up as you go, and it's a healthy, filling option for breakfast.
Happy blending!! :)